Bhai Dooj 2023: Bhai Dooj Muhurat: The festival of Bhai Dooj, a symbol of brother-sister affection and love, is on 15 November 2023 this year. This festival is also known as Yama Dwitiya. Vaccinating brother on this day has the greatest importance.
The festival of Bhai Dooj, symbolizing the affection and love between brother and sister, is on 15 November 2023 this year. There is a tradition of celebrating the festival of Bhai Dooj on Kartik Shukla Dwitiya Tithi, the last day of the five-day festival of lights. It is said that on this day Yamuna invited her brother Yama to her house and greeted him with hospitality, since then this festival is celebrated. This festival is also known as Yama Dwitiya. Vaccinating brother on this day has the greatest importance. In such a situation, let us know about the auspicious time, importance and story of vaccinating brother…
bhai dooj 2023 date
According to the Panchang, Shukla Dwitiya Tithi of Kartik month will start from 02:36 PM on 14 November 2023 and will continue till 01:47 PM on 15 November 2023. In such a situation, considering the date of Udaya, the festival of Bhai Dooj is being celebrated on 15th November, but in many places this festival was also celebrated on 14th November.
Auspicious time for vaccination
The time to apply Tilak to brother on 15th November is from 10.40 am to 12 noon.
Method of doing Tilak
It is said that on the day of Bhai Dooj, Yama had gone to his sister Yamuna’s house for food. In such a situation, brothers should go to their sister’s in-laws house.
Whereas unmarried girls should do their brother’s tilak at home.
On the day of Bhai Dooj, first of all worship Lord Ganesha by meditating.
To do Tilak on brother, first prepare a plate and keep Roli, Akshat and Gola in it.
After that do brother’s tilak and give coconut ball to brother.
Then lovingly serve your brother his favorite food.
After that, brother should take blessings from his sister and give her some gift.
Importance of Bhai Dooj
The festival of Bhai Dooj is considered very important. It is said that this festival is a symbol of love and dedication between brothers and sisters. On Bhai Dooj, sisters apply tilak of turmeric and roli on their brother’s forehead. There is a belief that if brothers and sisters sit and eat food on the banks of river Yamuna, then there is prosperity in life. By applying Tilak to your brother on this day, he does not have to face the fear of untimely death.
- Keep these things in mind while doing Tilak
While applying Tilak to sisters on the day of Bhai Dooj, the brother’s face should be towards north or north-west and the sister’s face should be towards north-east or east.
- Brothers and sisters should not do these things even by mistake on the day of Bhai Dooj
- Do not apply Tilak at any time on the day of Bhai Dooj. Be sure to keep in mind the auspicious time on this day.
- On this day, both brother and sister should not wear black clothes.
- Sisters should not eat or drink anything until their brother applies tilak.
- Brother and sister should not lie to each other on the day of Bhai Dooj.
- Meat and alcohol should not be consumed on this day. By doing this you may have to face the wrath of Yama.
- This is how sisters should worship when their brother is away.
- If brothers and sisters are away on the day of Bhai Dooj, then sisters should take bath before sunrise.
- Bring as many coconut shells as your brothers who are away from you.
- Then put a yellow colored cloth on the post and install those circles there.
- Place rice on top of the flower and place the circle on it.
- Later, bathe the sphere with Ganga water and apply tilak with roli and rice.
- Offer sweets after the puja. Later, perform aarti with those coconut balls.
- After Aarti, cover them with yellow colored cloth and leave them till evening.
- After the puja, pray to Yamraj for your brother’s long life and freedom from suffering.
- Next day, pick up those coconut balls from the place of worship and keep them safe with you.
- If possible, send the balls to your brother.