Israel Hamas War: Amid the violent conflict between Israel and Hamas, military action is taking place in hospitals in the Gaza Strip. After the October 7 terrorist attack, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are continuously attacking terrorist targets in the Gaza Strip.
There are reports of shortages of oxygen, fuel and other basic supplies at Gaza’s largest hospital – Al Shifa Hospital. Three newborns and 24 other patients have died. Health services have been badly affected due to depletion of fuel supplies. So far, more than 11 thousand people have died on both sides due to the violent conflict.
In fact, fighting has intensified in the Gaza Strip amid the violent conflict between Israel and Hamas. Amid the fighting that has been going on for about 42 days, Israel is continuously reiterating its resolve to destroy Hamas. The humanitarian crisis is continuously deepening between the Israeli army’s plans and the aggressive policies of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Many countries have also appealed for an immediate ceasefire, but Israel has said that it will attack any place where Hamas exists, including southern Gaza, even if civilians are taking refuge there.
After 1400 Israelis were killed in a Hamas attack on October 7, Israel started a ground attack. Al Shifa Hospital has become the latest battle zone amid the 42-day war. This is because Israeli troops are continuing operations in Gaza to destroy Hamas. According to the Palestinian Health Ministry, Gaza’s largest hospital has run out of supplies of oxygen, fuel and other basic items. This has resulted in the death of three newborns and 24 other patients.
Twenty-four patients in various departments have died in the past 48 hours, said health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra. Important medical equipment has come to a standstill due to power cuts. Israeli soldiers searched the hospital for the third day today, claiming it was being used as a command center by Hamas.
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) have released videos of Hamas tunnels. Regarding the tunnels, Hamas claims that tunnels were found in the hospital premises. The IDF also claimed to have found the body of a hostage in Al Shifa. Israel has accepted a US request to allow limited deliveries to end the communications blackout. After the agreement, the first consignment of fuel was sent from Egypt to Gaza. Now the aid convoy has been stopped for two days.
Following the attack on northern Gaza, Israel has issued a fresh warning. In this, citizens in the southern area have been asked to relocate and avoid coming to the war zone. Mark Regev, an aide to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said, “We are asking people to go to safe places. I know this process is not easy for many of them, but we do not want civilians caught in the crossfire. Want to see.”
Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Daniel Hagari said the troops would advance wherever Hamas is present. “We are committed to stepping up our operation. It will take place wherever Hamas is present, including in the south of the Strip,” he said.
It is noteworthy that after the terrorist attacks on October 7, the Israeli army bombed most parts of Gaza city and reduced it to rubble. According to reports, on the instructions of PM Netanyahu, the army has received orders to destroy the entire northern half of the enclave. The deepening humanitarian crisis can be gauged from the fact that till now (in the last 42 days) almost two-thirds of the 2.3 million Palestinians in Gaza Strip have become homeless.